The sheer amount of weight training routines and exercises out there often make it impossible to know whether you’re doing the right things in order to achieve your muscle mass goals. If you’re looking for a quick way to increase your muscle mass in your biceps (musculi bicipitis), concentration curls are an awesome option to add in to your gym routine. Let’s learn how to gain muscle fast with concentration curls and we’ll also provide a list of the best supplements to go along with them.
What are concentration curls?
A concentration curl is similar to bicep curls but the workload is concentrated entirely on one arm at a time. It’s the perfect exercise for building bulky biceps and is often a great way to end an upper body workout.
One benefit of concentration curls over bicep curls is that you can ensure both arms are gaining the same amount of muscle mass by doing the same amount of work each set of reps. With bicep curls you’ll often find that your stronger arm overcompensates for your weaker arm. Working one arm at a time solves this issue.
The slow motion of the reps also allow for more work to be placed on each bicep. This means that you might find yourself doing less concentration curls than you can bicep curls, but it doesn’t mean you’re not putting in the same amount or more effort to your workout.
How to do concentration curls
- Sit on a bench at a height that allow your knees to be bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Make sure your feet are flat on the floor.
- Grab a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Sit the back of your upper right arm on your inner right thigh.
- Extend your arm so that it’s holding the weight above the floor.
- Curl the weight up slowly. Be careful to only move your forearms.
- Squeeze your bicep as hard as you can for a count of 1 or 2 seconds at the top of the curl.
- Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat the desired amount of reps.
- Change to the left arm once the total amount of right arm reps have been completed.
- Feel the burn. Embrace the burn.
Do this at the end of your upper body workouts and you’ll build huge biceps in no time at all!
Best supplements for bicep gain
Incorporating a lot of carbs and protein into your diet, coupled with consistent training is the best way to gain muscle mass. If this isn’t working quickly enough for you, supplements are your best friend.
Here are a few supplements we recommend that will work well with bicep concentration curls to enhance your muscles fast!
Gold Standard Whey Protein by Optimum Nutrition
Clean Mass, Mass Gainer by Max’s
The Incredible Hulk wants to have a word. He’s feeling a little intimidated by your gains. Pick up one of our Super Hero Shakers in-store to show him who’s boss.