Apple Cider Vinegar
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
The Benefits Apple cider vinegar considered the most popular type of vinegar in the natural health community. It is claimed to lead to all sorts of benefits, many of which are supported by science. This includes weight loss, reduced cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes. I think we can all agree that these are some great benefits.
- Can Kill Harmful Bacteria
- High in Acetic Acid
- Helps You Lose Weight and Reduces Belly Fat
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels and Fights Diabetes
- Lowers Cholesterol and Improves Heart Health
- May Have Protective Effects Against Cancer
You don’t need to consume much to see the benefits of apple cider vinegar (please refer to the labelling for recommended dosage)
The amount of apple cider vinegar used for weight loss is 1–2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) per day, mixed with water. It is best to spread this out into 2–3 doses throughout the day.
- Lowers blood sugar levels: In one rat study, acetic acid improved the ability of the liver and muscles to take up sugar from the blood (Source).
- Decreases insulin levels: In the same rat study, acetic acid also reduced the ratio of insulin to glucagon, which might favour fat burning (Source).
- Improves metabolism: Another study in rats exposed to acetic acid showed an increase in the enzyme AMPK, which boosts fat burning and decreases fat and sugar production in the liver (Source).
- Reduces fat storage: Treating obese, diabetic rats with acetic acid or acetate protected them from weight gain and increased the expression of genes that reduced belly fat storage and liver fat (Source).
- Burns fat: A study in mice fed a high-fat diet supplemented with acetic acid found a significant increase in the genes responsible for fat burning, which led to less body fat buildup (Source).
- Suppresses appetite: Another study suggests acetate may suppress centers in your brain that control appetite, which can lead to reduced food intake (Source).
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Apple cider vinegar drink is made in a two-step process, related to how alcohol is made. Don’t like the taste of the drink? Read more about our Apple Cider Vinegar tablets.
- The first step exposes crushed apples (or apple cider) to yeast, which ferment the sugars and turn them into alcohol.
- In the second step, bacteria are added to the alcohol solution, which further ferments the alcohol and turns it into acetic acid — the main active compound in vinegar.
- In French, the word “vinegar” actually means “sour wine.”
- Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar drink (like Bragg’s) also contains “mother,” strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance.
- Some people believe that the “mother” is responsible for most of the health benefits, although there are currently no studies to support this.
- Apple cider vinegar drink only contains about three calories per tablespoon, which is very low.
- There are not many vitamins or minerals in it, but it does contain a small amount of potassium. Quality apple cider vinegar also contains some amino acids and antioxidants.
Buy Apple Cider Vinegar Online at The Supplement Stop Australia. Afterpay, ZipPay and secured credit card payment options available. The Supplement Stop has the best supplements range, with great online deals. Make our supplement store your home for achieving your health and fitness goals today! Receive your order faster with our Premium Star Track service. service.
Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (like Bragg’s) also contains “mother,” strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance. Some people believe that the “mother” is responsible for most of the health benefits.
Great review on ACV Thanks guys.