Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made by fermenting apple juice. It is mostly used in food, food preservatives, etc. It has some health benefits as well. In this article, we go over the 9 Key Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.
But First… how is ACV made?
Firstly, apples are crushed to extract juice and yeast is added to it. Yeasts ferment the apple juice by converting sugar into alcohol. Then bacteria are added to the fermented apple juice.
The bacteria convert the alcohol into acetic acid. Acetic acid gives the vinegar its peculiar smell and taste.
Apart from acetic acid, it also contains lactic acid, citric acid, malic acid, and bacteria. It has a very low-calorie count of about three calories per tablespoon.
The use of Apple Cider Vinegar for Health
Apple cider vinegar has been used as a home remedy for a long time. It was used in the treatment of digestion issues and varicose veins.
Apple cider vinegar is available in two forms with mother and without mother.
The term mother refers to the cloudy substance in the bottle of apple cider vinegar.which is a mix of bacteria, yeast and apple remnants. It is rich in natural protein and healthy bacteria. It also contains potassium in small amounts, some amino acids, and antioxidants.
Here are 9 of those key benefits explained
- It improves digestion. It contains healthy bacteria that help in the proper working of digestive systems. It can also provide relief for indigestion, heartburn, etc.
- The healthy bacteria present in apple cider vinegar helps improve the immune system of the body.
- Acetic acid present inside it helps to get rid of the harmful bacteria in the stomach.
- Studies have found that apple cider vinegar helps in lowering sugar levels in the blood, aids in burning fat and helps to diet by suppressing appetite.
- It is also used for cooking, dressing, etc.
- It is also a disinfectant and used in cleaning, fungi treatments, ear infections, etc.
- It is used as a food preservative as it does not allow bacterial growth. This makes it a natural solution to preserve food.
- Cholesterol acts as a risk factor for heart diseases. Consumption of apple cider vinegar can decrease the level of cholesterol. This helps in reducing heart-related diseases.
- It is used to get rid of itches from insect bites.
Our most Popular ACV by Barnes Naturals
How to Use
Apple cider vinegar is mostly taken as food as salad dressings, homemade mayonnaise, etc. However, there are people who take it with water. Common dosages are 1 to 2 tablespoons diluted in a glass of water.
It is best not to take high doses as it can cause health problems like enamel erosion and stomach upset. It can also affect the working of some medications. Keep it under the common dosage and things will be fine.
ACV has become very popular in the health community because of its benefits. You can either make them at home or buy it. Quality apple cider vinegar with mother is much more beneficial than normal ones. It is now available in online stores as well.
ACV for Weight Loss
The amount of ACV used for weight loss is 1–2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) per day, mixed with water. It is best to spread this out into 2–3 doses throughout the day.
Lowers blood sugar levels: In one rat study, acetic acid improved the ability of the liver and muscles to take up sugar from the blood. Decreases insulin levels: In the same rat study, acetic acid also reduced the ratio of insulin to glucagon, which might favour fat burning. Improves metabolism: Another study in rats exposed to acetic acid showed an increase in the enzyme AMPK, which boosts fat burning and decreases fat and sugar production in the liver. Reduces fat storage: Treating obese, diabetic rats with acetic acid or acetate protected them from weight gain and increased the expression of genes that reduced belly fat storage and liver fat. Burns fat: A study in mice fed a high-fat diet supplemented with acetic acid found a significant increase in the genes responsible for fat burning, which led to less body fat buildup. Suppresses appetite: Another study suggests acetate may suppress centres in your brain that control appetite, which can lead to reduced food intake.
Can you drink Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar drink is made in a two-step process, related to how alcohol is made. Don’t like the taste of the drink? One other benefit if you don’t like the taste is our Apple Cider Vinegar tablets.
- The first step exposes crushed apples (or apple cider) to yeast, which ferment the sugars and turn them into alcohol.
- In the second step, bacteria are added to the alcohol solution, which further ferments the alcohol and turns it into acetic acid — the main active compound in vinegar.
- In French, the word “vinegar” actually means “sour wine.”
- Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar drink (like Bragg’s) also contains “mother,” strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance.
- Some people believe that the “mother” is responsible for most of the health benefits, although there are currently no studies to support this.
- The benefits of Apple vinegar drink only contains about three calories per tablespoon, which is very low.
- There are not many vitamins or minerals in it, but it does contain a small amount of potassium. Quality apple cider vinegar also contains some amino acids and antioxidants.
Buy Supplements Online at The Supplement Stop Australia. Afterpay, ZipPay and secured credit card payment options are available. The Supplement Stop has the best supplements range, with great online deals. Make our supplement store your home for achieving your health and fitness goals today! Receive your order faster with our Premium Star Track service. service.